Southwest Georgia’s Breast Cancer Nurse Navigator
Tina Giovingo, RN, nurse navigator for Carlton Breast Health Center works in a position that allows her to help patients work through one of the most difficult medical situations a patient can have – a diagnosis of breast cancer.
For women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, our skilled nurse-educator provides support and exercise programs tailored to individual patient needs.
Our goals are to:
- Monitor ongoing needs of the patient to ensure efficient and effective access to services
- Provide coordination of care between primary care physician and all health care providers
- Have a registered nurse dedicated to breast care provide direction and assistance to the patient and their family
Breast cancer patients often have a confusing road ahead of them after diagnosis. It is Tina who guides patients through it all. As the nurse navigator, she coordinates care among the patient’s physicians, helps the patient identify problem areas, makes appropriate referrals, and aids in post-operation education.
Services we provide, include:
- Breast cancer basics information and literature
- Chemotherapy / Radiation education materials/Clinical trials information
- Mastectomy / Lumpectomy education materials
- Pre and post op education
- Information if the patient is considering reconstruction
- Social worker contacts
- Breast cancer support groups
- Lymphedema education
- Nutrition and lifestyle guidance
- American Cancer Society Reach to Recovery breast cancer survivor contact information
- American Cancer Society Look Good…Feel Better Program contact information.
- Emotional and spiritual support throughout treatment and recovery.
- Certified fitter for breast prosthesis and mastectomy bras.
For more information about breast cancer treatment or to schedule an appointment, please call the Phoebe Cancer Center at 1-800-490-0684.