South Georgia’s Only Breast Cancer Nurse Navigator
For women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, our skilled nurse-educator provides support and exercise programs tailored to individual patient needs.
Our goals are to:
- Monitor ongoing needs of the patient to ensure efficient and effective access to services
- Provide coordination of care between primary care physician and all health care providers
- Have a registered nurse dedicated to breast care provide direction and assistance to the patient and their family
Services we provide, include:
- Breast cancer basics information and literature
- Chemotherapy / Radiation education materials/Clinical trials information
- Mastectomy / Lumpectomy education materials
- Pre and post op education
- Information if the patient is considering reconstruction
- Social worker contacts
- Breast cancer support groups
- Lymphedema education
- Nutrition and lifestyle guidance
- American Cancer Society Reach to Recovery breast cancer survivor contact information
- American Cancer Society Look Good…Feel Better Program contact information.
- Emotional and spiritual support throughout treatment and recovery.
- Certified fitter for breast prosthesis and mastectomy bras.
For more information about cancer treatment options or to schedule an appointment, please call the Phoebe Cancer Center at 1-800-490-0684.